Baby, it's cold outside! When you're bundled up at home, staying warm by the fire, nothing says comfort food like a warm bowl of hearty Chili. We've heard versions of this soupy dish from all over the country and of course G Five has our version too. No matter if you like your chili with beans, without beans, soupy or thick, you can modify this recipe with your favorites. Our Wagyu Chili Grind gives this chili a spectacular flavor that can't be beat, try it... you'll go back for seconds and thirds for sure!
- 1 lb G5 Wagyu Stew Meat (cut pieces a little smaller)
- 1-1.5 lbs G5 Wagyu Chili Grind
- 1 pkg frozen seasoning blend (onions, green peppers
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2-3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 beef or chicken bouillion cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp light chili powder (split for 2 different seasoning dumps)
- 2 Tbsp dark chili powder (split for 2 different seasoning dumps)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pack Sazon Goya seasoning (Mexican food section, sold 8 packages per box)
- 2-3 Tbsp brown or granulated sugar
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Brown G5 Stew Meat & Chili Grind, drain fat. Add a pinch of salt to season the meat. Add and saute vegetable seasoning blend and garlic for a few minutes. Add broth, petite diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and 1 can tomato sauce. Add your 1st seasoning dump (2 tsp granulated onion, 1/2 tsp cayenne, bouillion cubes, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp light chili powder, 1 Tbsp dark chili powder). Cook covered for 1 hour. Add both cans of beans and your second seasoning dump (2 tsp cumin, 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 Tbsp light chili powder, 1 Tbsp dark chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 2-3 Tbsp sugar, 1 pack Sazon Goya seasoning). Cook covered for 1.5 hours until meat is tender. Add Tbsp masa flour mixed with 1 Tbsp water a little at a time to thicken the chili if needed. If chili gets to thick, add chicken stock or water.
*During the cooking duration, add to taste more tomato sauce or chicken stock depending on your liking.
We serve our chili with Cornbread and all the fixins, cheese, crackers, sour cream and onions.
Grab a bowl, snuggle up in a blanket by the fire and Bon Appetit!!!